TRAVEL: Thailand, Chumpon


After our 2 nights in Hua Hin we went even more to the south. Via the pineapple fields, the biggest floating market in Thailand and not to forget the monkey temple we arrived in Chumpon around 4PM.

Chumpon is a little fishermans village and is also well known among backpackers. It's the place where you can hop on a ferry (or catamaran, in my case) to go to the islands. It's a very tiny but beautiful place and I was very pleased to stay there for one night.

The next day we had a really early pickup to go to the harbor and catch the catamaran to Koh Tao. More of that in another post, just let me show you (the way to) Chumpon.

Warning: picture overload! :)




Our first stop was a pineapple field. Did you expect pinapples to grow like this? It was pretty awesome to see and to taste. I don't think I loved pineapples more than when I was in Thailand. They were soooo sweet and fresh!







Our next stop was at the biggest floating market of Thailand. We hopped on a longtail boat and sailed(?) for about 15 minutes through the jungle before we reached the floating market. Imagine this: a teeny tiny river completely filled with longtailboats. Not only the market people where on a boat, also the tourists. So it was a super crowded yet amazing place. I bought coconut milk and tried some delicious thai threaths. They were even cooking the most delicious meals on their longtail boats!








And so we moved on to the monkey temple. I don't think I've ever seen so many monkeys in the wild (or actually, in a city), they were EVERYWERE! And the monkeys had the best time in and outside the temple. They literally jumped into the water and swam around and playing with eachother. You could also walk up to another temple to enjoy a spectaculair view (1st picture). But you had a big change to be robbed during the 200 something steps all the way up. Those monkeys were little thieves! They especially loved water bottles and my backpack.

By the way, my top is from h&m and the shorts are too. The backpack is from Primark.












Dress: Primark
Flipflops: Haiavanas
Belt: Primark


I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful rainbow as I saw in Chumpon. When we arrived, the sky was dark and clouded and we had a very heavy tropical rainshower. Just moments later it all cleared up and the sun breaked through. I can still remember that particular moment because it was beyond beautiful and amazing.

During the evening we had the best beach barbeque. I got myself a lovely stick with chicken and pepper, at least, that is what I though I had. While chewing on the pepper, I realised that it was not a normal one, but a very, very spicy spanish pepper. I swallowed it and had to cry for at least 15 minutes. It was so painful and bloody spicy! I don't eat a lot of spicy food so I wasn't used to it AT ALL. And this was like, far beyond spicy. Painful experience!


Follow The Fashion Moodboard
Vanni said...

wow, the rainbow is awesome ;)

http://itsfairman.blogspot.de/

Beauty Follower said...

Nice photos!
That rainbow in the first and last picture is amazing ;)

Esmay said...

Ah wauwie!

Men Trend said...

Prachtig!! Zalige foto's xx

http://mentrend.blogspot.be/

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I went to Thailand with my family once, but unfortunately because I was with my little sister we couldn't really do stuff like this, I'd love to go back one day and really experience it!
http://www.bandasaur.blogspot.co.uk/

Madame Chic Bcn said...

Hello dear!! Thanks a lot your your visit and kind comment on my blog!! I finds yours very interesting so I'm following on GFC. Would you like to follow me back??
BTW simple I love your pictures. This trip must have been a great experience!!!
xoxo
Patricia

http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

H said...

Wat een super super gave foto's!!! Ik heb trouwens een facebook pagina aangemaakt voor mijn fotografie, wat zou jij daar het liefst op zien? :)

Vera Cortez said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog!!! I am following your blog, that is amazing, I would be very happy if you follow by blog also.

XO, Vera
http://fashionmodeimages.blogspot.pt/

Unknown said...

Amazing post!!!! Great pics!!!!!!!!

http://estilohedonico.blogspot.com.es/

xoxo

.