Thriftshopping in Wormerveer (NL)











When one sees my built-on-a-very-tight-budget "walk in closet", one thinks I've spend a lot of money buying a lot of clothes. Fooled you there! About 60-70% of my clothes is secondhand. And with secondhand I mean from ebay, from thriftstores, vintage shops, charity shops or from fleamarkets. Why should one buy something new and most of the time overpriced, while you can buy some good stuff secondhand for just a couple of euro(cents?).

Anyway, with that in your mind, you can maybe conclude that I go for quantity, instead of quality. I plead guilty, but basically I don't care to be honest. I just don't like to pay more than 25 euros for a tshirt, or 80 euros for a nice pair of shoes. Instead, I go to thriftstores and/or Primark. Not something a true fashionista would recommend, but who cares. You need to do what makes you happy, right?

Anyway, back to the point. A week ago I went to my favorite thriftstore Noppes in Wormerveer, the netherlands. They also have a store in Zaandam, which is also pretty close to my home. I never go out empty handed. It such an amazing place to find clothes and stuff for your interior. They even sell bicycles!

And yet again it was a very succesfull day in the thriftstore. Both of the tops/dresses are originally from H&M. So no, definitely not vintage, but cheap and in good condition! I don't really like the very vintage stuff which my grandma would wear nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the dresses, but what I'm saying is that in the thriftstore it's not just vintage things. It's also stuff from a couple of months back that people don't want anymore. :)

Thriftshopping = treasure finding!


Joana Chaves said...

Loving your bargain-finds! I need to start hitting the thrift stores :P



xo Joana

Laura | Style and Sushi said...

Wat een leeuke aankoopjes!

liefs, Laura
http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Aaaah je auto <3

Karolina said...

I totaly agree with you, all people around me always thinking that my stuff must be damn expensice just because it looks different just because it's vintage, how often I have to explain that my dresses are all for 3€, shoked faces everywhere haha :)

Esmay said...

Wat een leuke foto's + shopjes!

Anna said...

Wauuuuw leuk, en wat is je broek mooooi! Ik scoorde vorige week een H&M jasje voor 1 euro! :)

Sharon (Style-Chameleon) said...

Hey!

Die clutch heb ik idd zelf gemaakt.
Je kan een tutorial vinden op mijn blog.
En als je het niet kan vinden plaats ik morgen ook nog een link naar de tutorial bij de outfit foto's

Vintage winkelen is echt geweldig!
Leuke kleding voor een nog leukere prijsje.
Het thee kopje is echt super schattig

*Daniƫlle said...

Leuke dingen heb je daar gevonden:d dt kopje is super schattig!

Nhi said...

thanks a lot for your nice comment <33

i love your blog, so nice i found it:) and so cool you're a cabin attendant, it was once my dreamjob <33

Love,
Nee
ROSECANDLE11

The Girl with the Coffee said...

Can´t believe you payed that little for the nice items! Good choices!
xx Katja

Anonymous said...

Love this post! How about following each other??

Patricia from Pastel Nudity

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Great finds! I love this outfit!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Clara Turbay said...

Inspiring and great fashion concepts!

Sara said...

I just love what you got! great pictures!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

LoveT. said...

Great Haul!
Thank you for the Comment ,you have a cute Blog ,i follow ,maybe we could follow each other?! :)

Lovely Greetings<3

Anonymous said...

it is in Wormer. Not in Wormerveer.

Sootjeelina said...

Mooie foto's! Je jasje is echt heel cool. En die nieuwe broek is ook heel awesome

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

Phuong said...

altijd leuk om voor een prikkie iets te scoren

Travel in Style

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I love good buys!

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Buzz said...

Love the colors and your blog!

Thx for your kind comment =) I'm already a new follower, wanna follow back?

Kiss,
Laura

jeany said...

Nice outfit !
Lekker fris en zonnig.

thnx voor je reactie.

Liefsx

Marlen said...

aw, i hope you have a great birthday! I'm almost 23 too, we're getting sooo old.

onto other topics, i love the colors going on here. especially those mint pants. for some reason i realized i wanted color pants too late and now not as many are being sold. i'm still kicking myself for it :(

Adora Mehitabel said...

love your ring and mint jeans
http://adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk/

Rachel said...

This is one of my favorite looks I've seen today! Very well put together, and you made that necklace?! So cool!

xo Rachel

www.glamhampton.com

Pia said...

such a fun colorful outfit! happy early bday!

Pia said...

such a fun colorful outfit! happy early bday!

Amanda Raborn said...

LOVE the outfit... so casual/comfy yet chic. Great styling! And you made that necklace!? Ummm, tutorial!?!

Thanks for sharing! So glad I stumbled across your blog!

Amanda
It's an Easy Life

The Chic Sheet said...

Great color combo :) Thanks also for your lovely comment. I am now following you on Facebook and Bloglovin.

XX,
Miranda

Molly said...

So pretty! Lovely blog :)


m

http://mollyeeb.blogspot.com/

Lena said...

Helemaal leuk!

Liefs Lena

by--lena.blogspot.com

Lena said...

Helemaal leuk!

Liefs Lena

by--lena.blogspot.com

lifeisamaze said...

Beautiful outfit ! I love the colours :)

Monika said...

great outfit :) i also love the way you write <3
I am turning 23 as well, so i feel you ;) to shrink pants i always put them in a dryer, it always worked for me (with skinny jeans)
;)

Lucy Loves To Blog said...

Love this outfit, the colour of the trousers is beautiful!

Lucy Loves To Blog

Matthew said...

hey there!

great outfit!

Love the mint color pants and ring , it's the ideal and perfect color for the spring/summer season and you wear it very well!

love the simplicity of your outfit!

Matthew

http://speakingofstyle.ca

Giuliana said...

You are SO right! Too bad we don't have thrift stores in Brazil (just vintage and it's surprisingly pricey), people like to spend their money shopping overpriced brazilian mall brands over here :P

Love your finds, the tea cup is super cute :)

<3
-Giuliana
http://www.suededreamsinc.com

.