STEWARDESS: Waarom

Photobucket
Well hello dear readers!

Just a quick and very personal update. I figured it might be fun to tell you something about my work. From now on -if you think it's interesting, please let me know- I will keep you posted on my search for my dream job: becoming a cabin attendant. Let me tell you upfront I already work A LOT!

At this moment I have two jobs: as a ground stewardess and one at my previous school to help them out with the traineeships for the students. I graduated in aviation services a couple of months ago and am now ready to work fulltime. Unfortunately, due to the economic crisis, it's quite difficult to find a fulltime job at this moment. For a long period of time, it was impossible to apply for a job as cabin attendant, simple because there were no vacancies for cabin attendants in the Netherlands. That's why, after graduating, I continued working as a ground stewardess. I work for a well known dutch airline and I will ask you in advance NOT to name the company I work for. If you do, I need to remove your comment unfortunately. But I can't work fulltime on the ground either, so I was forced to take another job and combine the two.

Eventhough I do like both of my jobs, it's kind of hard too. I have to pay a lot of tax on one job, not an ideal situation. Ever since I was a little girl I was my ultimate goal to become a cabin attendant. I really like the hospitality industry and I'm obsessed with airplanes. Good combination, isn't it?

And recently the dutch airlines companies started hiring again! I immediately applied and I had my interview yesterday. It was really tough! I had to make an English test (yes, I still need to practise a lot of english, I know) and an english oral exam which was quite difficult as well. After that, I had a really difficult dutch chat about my motivation. And I passed the first round of the interview! The second round started later that afternoon and that was another 45min chat in Dutch. And in two weeks from now on, I know if I will become a cabin attendant or not. I keep you posted!

AND PLEASE, ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT NAME THE AIRLINE COMPANY I'M WORKING/APPLYING FOR.

xoxo
Shalane
Unknown said...

veryvery cute post! Would love to read posts like this in the future as well!

And have you thought about going abroad? The cabin attendants are on a strike right now here in Finland.

xxx Charlie
Would love for you enter my Christmas Giveaway

Siân Singleton said...

Lovely post, good luck x

Kittenish Behaviour Blog

Hanna said...

Love the post and hope you get the job!! I love to know more about you!:)

http://style-in-sight.blogspot.com

Rosy Blue said...

Amazing, I really hope you'll get the job. It's hard working, but also very nice I guess.
:)

Rachael said...

Great post and love the pictures! Good luck with everything!!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

char_link said...

Great pictures! Good luck, i hope you get it, it seems like an amazingly interesting and great job!

Love,
Charlotte

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh how exciting!!! Good luck!!!!!!! I really hope you get it :)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Catherine Au Jong said...

looking great , huh?! :))

love.
catherine
http://etinological.blogspot.com/

Amber Schmidt said...

You are so cute! My fingers are crossed for you--- I hope you get your dream job! You deserve it!

Femme Virtue said...

good luck sweetie!

Mies said...

Super leuk ! Ik hoop ook dat je hier vind wat je zoekt, lijkt me echt geweldig,
en bedankt nog voor je berichtje, heel lief (:

Marisa said...

I hope you get the job!!! Keep dreaming ;) I really admire you for working SO HARD on what you want to do <3

Jeanine said...

Super leuk werk !!
lovelly pictures.

.